Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 20 Mins
Oozy white chocolate lava cake with lavender flavour is another dish to die for! The combination of white chocolate and lavender works perfectly together and the raspberry gives it an extra kick. In this recipe I only use one egg, which makes the lava cake very delicate. For this reason, a non-stick springform pan is the best option, or you can serve it in a nice serving bowl with some ice cream or whipped cream on top. To make the lavender powder, use one teaspoon of edible lavender flower (Lavandula angustifolia) and one teaspoon of sugar, and grind them together in a food processor or coffee grinder.
- In a bowl add the sugar, egg, and lavender powder then whisk well.
- In another small microwavable bowl heat the white chocolate and butter for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir until all the white chocolate melt.
- Pour the white chocolate into the egg mixture and mix well.
- Sift the four and baking powder then incorporate gradually into the mixture.
- Grease the inside of a non-stick springform pan with butter and put parchment paper on the bottom. Then pour a small amount of the mixture at the bottom then line up some raspberry (or your choice of fruits), lastly, pour the rest of the mixture on the top of the raspberry.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170°C / 330°F for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the lava cakes from the oven and leave at room temperature for 2 minutes to rest. Carefully remove the springform pan, and to transfer the dessert to a plate gently hold the parchment paper and move on a serving plate.