This recipe adapted from a French appetizer.
- Fresh scallops (quantity is optional)
- 250 ml of cooking cream
- 2-3 tbsp Clarify butter (click here for the recipe)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp old bay seasoning (optional)
- 1/4 tsp fresh vanila
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- Small slice of lemon for decoration
- Pinch of white pepper (optional)
- Place the washed and dried scallops on saucepan on high-heat
2. Add clarified butter, salt, and old bay seasoning.
3. Cooking on high-heat let the water from the scallops to evaporate.
4. After 5 minutes reduce the heat to low and let it cook for extra 2 minutes.
5. Scoping the fresh vanilla, you can replace it with instant vanilla.
6. Add the cream, pinch of salt, 1/4 tsp lemon juice, white pepper, and vanilla. Cook on low-medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or until start to boil.
7. Stir the mixture.
8. Add the slice lemon on serving bowl. Lemon gives beautiful citrus flavor to the cream.
9. Pour the cream first, then add the cooked scallops
10. For extra flavor, splash some clarify butter. Serve with bread