Steak In A Canoe
This recipe was inspired by Sweet Potato Mushroom & Goat Cheese dish and I upgraded it for meat lovers. The first option the steak was diced and for the second option the whole steak was cooked and served.
Servings: 4 yield(s)
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- 2 Medium size red Potatoes
- 118 g Chopped onion ( 1 medium size yellow onion)
- 142 g White mushrooms (Agaricus bisporus) (Your white mushrooms choice!)
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Black pepper
- 1 Fresh red chilli (For the second option)
- 1/4 oz Chopped coriander (For decoration )
- 1 tsp Olive oil (for the steak) (For the second option )
- 106 g Diced steak (For the second option )
- 125 g Steak (For the second option )
- 1 tbsp Crème fraîche (Sour cream) (Optional )
- 30 g Parmesan cheese (For the second option )
- Boil the potatoes for 25 minutes on medium high heat. During the boiling time proceed for the next step.
- On medium-high heat, cook the chopped onion with 1 tbsp olive oil for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the steak and stir for few seconds.
- Then add the mushrooms and garlic. Then reduced the heat to low medium and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Leave some of the cooked mushrooms and onions then add 1 tbsp sour cream and 2 tbsp water and cook for one minutes
- Puree the mixture using a hand stand mixer or a blender.
- When the potatoes are done, remove them from the boiling water and cut in half.
Fry two halves of the potatoes in butter.
- Place the potatoes in a serving plate put the minced steak and mushroom on the to. Drizzled with goat cheese and chopped coriander. And serve with mushroom puree.
For The Second Option with the steak
- Cut the potato in half, scoop out the middle of potato and place them in a bowl. Add the parmesan cheese then microwave for 30 second, mash them well and stuff back inside the middle of the potatoes.
- Cook on medium-high heat for about 2 minutes on both sides, this cooking time ideal for those who like their steak cooked medium.
- Placed the steak on the top of the potato, the mushroom, and then the goat cheese. Garnish with the mushroom puree, red chilli, and chopped fresh coriander.
To even the surface, cut the back of the potato.