Spinach Burek (Spinach Pie)
This cooking episode is about making spinach burek or spinach pie.
Servings: 4 yield(s)
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
- 250 g Spinach
- 4 Spring onions
- 50 g Chervil
- 150 g Watercross (cresson)
- 1 cup Proikas cheese (or Mozzarella)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp Salt (Reduce the salt if you are using Proikas cheese )
- 1 tbsp Dried dill
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Phyllo dough ( or filo)
- Chop the spring onions and watercross (cresson). Add olive oil in a pan and cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Chop the spinach into large pieces then sprinkle salt and gently squeeze with your hand. Leave it aside for one minute, then drain the water from the spinach leaves. Add the spinach into the mixture and cook for about 3 minutes, season with dill.
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs with the cheese then place in the mixture with the chervil and mix well.
- In a medium size deep casserole, grease the bottom with olive oil then add sheet of the filo and grease the top sheet. Do the same with the rest of the 4 sheets. After that, put the mixture in and add the first top filo sheet and grease the top. Do the same with the last 4 sheets. Fold the filo sheets.
- Pour the milk and with a fork poke holes in the dough surface. This way allow the milk penetrate into the filling.
- In preheated oven at 180°C / 350°F for about 40 minutes. Check the pie after 20 minutes, cover with foil if the top is done before the bottom.
Sever with yogurt.