Apple Mango Chocolate Pie
The most delicious and flaky apple mango chocolate pie dessert. The chocolate crust is so delicate and light, it made of real butter.
Servings: 8 yield(s)
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Four the chocolate dough
- 2 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 1/8 cup Unsalted cold butter (225g) (Save 4 small cubs for the filling )
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cold water
- 1 tbsp Cold water
- 1 tsp White vinegar
For the filling
- 4 Large pie apples
- 1/2 Sliced mango
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Chopped dark chocolate ((54% cocoa) )
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, 1 tbsp sugar, salt, and cacao powder.
- Add the 1 tbsp olive oil and the 2 tbsp canola oil gradually while whisking, this motion provide coating the flour.
- The add the cold cubed butter and mix using pastry blender, don't over mix.
- As it shown in the picture, there are some small pieces of butter not fully dissolved. Then Add 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp cold water. Mix the dough gently (don't over mix).
- Transfer on working surface, divide the dough into 2 balls.
- Wrap them with plastic wrap and refrigerate them for at least 2 hours.
- Remove one of the dough from the fridge and leave the second in the fridge.
This dough needs a lot of (flour + cocoa powder) dusting, because the chocolate dough become soft quickly at the room temperature. Work with it as fast as you can.
- Place the first chocolate dough layer in the pie tray. I used Non stick Pie Tin with Holes (20 x 2.5cm). Then cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until you get the rest of the ingredients ready.
- In a large bowl, Peel and slice the apples (not too thin slices) and the 1/2 mango.
- Add the chopped dark chocolate
- Place 2 tbsp cinnamon, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and lemon. Mix them well.
- Roll the second chocolate dough as quickly as you can. To avoid the dough sticking on the working surface add lots of (flour & cocoa) dusting.
Then take the first pie dish from the fridge, place all the filling and 4 small cubed butter on the top. Place the second layer of the chocolate dough on the top of the filling.
- Make small straight cuts on the middle-top, the sprinkle with sugar. Bake in preheated oven 200°C / 400°F for about 20 minutes, then rotate the tray and bake for extra 15- 20 minutes (depends on your oven and the pie tray you are using).
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 2 hours.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.