Low cost recipe.
I moved to Brussels from USA on October 2019, it’s a beautiful city but there was one thing missing! The thing missing was the fall season… don’t get me wrong they have a colorful fall but what I meant is the smell of the pumpkin!
So I decided to stack up on pumpkin products and yet I couldn’t find any here. Maybe I was just arrived and I didn’t do much research on a store where I can find pumpkin products at. Luckily, I found them at the American Embassy store and the U.S. base store located in Brussels. Then my mission started… pumpkin-basil noodles.
1 cup of all purpose flour
½ cup pumpkin puree
½ tsp salt
Slice of jalapeno
- Mix the ingredients together to form a firm dough.
- Leave the dough to rest for 10 minutes
- Roll the dough to rectangle shape, depends on the desired thickness
- Fold the dough fairly tight then cut in ½ inch wide (as desired)
- In a boiled water put the dough and cook between 10-15 minutes
- In another frying pan add olive oil, garlic, basil puree, salt, black pepper, slice of jalapeno (as desired)