I had three ripe bananas, so I decided to bake a moist and delicious chocolate chip banana loaf. It’s semi-sweet to begin with, but for those with a sweet tooth, it becomes sweeter with the addition of chocolate chips. If you prefer something less sweet, you can reduce half of the sugar and cut the chocolate chips.
For this recipe I mixed my favorite spices! You can add or change based on your preferences.
- Spice Mix
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 ripe bananas (if you don’t have ripe bananas, then bake them in the oven at 135 F for 8-10 minutes
1 & ½ cups all purpose flour
¾ cup sugar (any kind, also, you can reduce it to ½ sugar.)
½ cup of melted butter
½ cup sour cream (or yogurt)
½ chocolate chips
1 tbsp instant coffee (optional)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven at 170C / 335F.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients (flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda, instant coffee, and salt) then add sugar.
- In another bowl mash the bananas then add all the wet ingredients (bananas, butter, sour cream, eggs) and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the mix into a 9-in loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes.
- For additional flavor, drizzle some fudge or salted caramel.