Masoub, also known as “Marsah” in the southern region of Saudi Arabia and some African countries. It’s easy and fast to prepare, you only need a few ingredients.
This recipe is a traditional dessert, you can find new recipes using some fresh cream, nuts … etc.
Give it a try and have fun cooking!
1 ¼ cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
½ cup of water
3 small ribbed bananas
1-2 tbsp Nutella (as desired)
- In a bowl add all the ingredients and mix until you get a dough
- Leave it to rest for 5 minute
- Roll the dough to get a round shape with 1 inch thickness
- In a pan add one 1 tbsp spoon oil and place it on medium heat stove
- Bake the dough for 5-7 minutes and then flip and bake it for few minutes
- Put the cooked dough in a mixture and blend to get fine crumbs
- In another bowl mash the bananas and add the crumbs
- You can add one large spoon nutella if you prefer
- Sprinkled honey on the top of the masoub
- 1 tbsp of melted butter (optional)
I tried both– they’re amazing! Really something unique and delicious — not a dessert you’ll find just anywhere. I especially recommend trying the Nutella version : )
Thank you Aloshe. Try it, your kids will love it.
جربي الوصفه، راح اتعجب العيال