Making arabic coffee is like a piece of cake, so I took for granted. One day at work, Dr. Shayma mentioned someone said ‘boil the coffee for about an hour or so’, I laughed, I said there is no coffee would be left!.
Every Saturday morning Dr. Shayma makes arabic coffee at the clinic’s kitchen. She uses a coffee package which has all the ingredients in it. Some brands have a creamer powder as an additional flavor, honestly, this throws me off, I like the traditional flavor.
This recipe dedicated to Dr. Shayma (everyone can use the recipe as well 🙂 ) , I can’t thank her enough for everything she does for her staff and her patients.
Serves 2-3 people
Preparation & cooking time: 12-15 minutes
Always 2x or 3x the recipe for larger quantity.
- 1/2 liter of water
- 2 tsp blond ground coffee (boon)
- 1 tsp fine ground cardamom
- 2 pieces of cloves
- 1/4 tsp of Saffron
- Place 1/2 liter of water in the coffee pot
- add the boon
- Bring it to boil and reduce the heat to medium or medium low.
- add the cloves, cardamom, and saffran
- leave it to cook for about 12-15 minutes
- in coffee thermos or your favorite mug strain the coffee.